What Stage Am I In? Log 015

 At the start of this my idea and commitment was to keep a weekly log of some sort. 

I havent.

Not in the slightest to detail as I'd like. 

My biggest push for logs was to keep an eye of parameters. My most recent test from a few days ago is:

  • PH 8.4
  • Ammonia 0
  • Nitrite 0 
  • Nitrate NA
  • Phosphate NA
  • Calcium 500
  • Alkalinity 7.0
  • Magnesium 1400
  • Salinity 1.026
Some recent notables are, bought 2 trochas snails. One only made it 24 hours before it became a snack for the 2 blue leg hermits. A week prior, 4 nassarius snails were also added. 2 spaghetti worms have been identified, one at the top of the rock and front side of the rock as currently positioned. The rock was repositioned a week before and all the coral moved to under the flow. Rock absorbs most of the flow.

I also seemingly have some kind of phosphate issue. I bought a phosphate digital test which should be here in a few days. Ill start testing certain parameters myself with additional shop test to find accuracy. 
No fish yet, but a damsel or 2 may be my future additions. 

I believe I had lastly counted 8 frags, with 2 splitting. No ricordeas have been lost yet. One seems to have been sliced by the crab, but unsure what happened exactly. I am starting to suspect the smaller ricordeas dont do well around the blue legged crabs. 

Planning on another 5 gallon or similar, preferably a shallow tank. I find that there is no real need for vertical space unless there is a plan to fill it. It may end up with 2 and start utilizing my current as a quarantine tank. 

Comments